Wednesday, March 11, 2009

8 Weeks

I must say, waiting 4 weeks to go back to the doctor was PAINFUL!!! It was all still so new and I was just so excited to back for my 8 week check-up. Jason came with me (he’s so great), first the nurse wanted me to give her a sample. No big deal, right? Well, I go into the restroom and all they have is little plastic cups, no lids, nothing. So I do what I have to and carry it into my room where Jason is waiting. I swear I thought he was going to toss his cookies right there in front of me, he took one look at that cup and pretty much gagged (a few times I might add). I just smiled and sat down on the table (I mean he’s going to be seeing a lot worse in the near future). The nurse came in and did her thing, weight, blood pressure, etc. and said the doctor would be right in.

When Dr. Heit came in he brought the little device that they use to hear the baby’s heart beat, but first he asked how everything was going. I told him about my awful cramps that I have been having, I told him I thought it was just gas (which I knew it was) and I just wanted to know if there was something that I could take, tums were NOT working!!! He basically tells me to suck it up and deal with it (in his nice doctor way) and smiles. WTF? Really? So I must have looked like he just ran over my dog because he said that he’d try to find the heart beat to make me feel better.

But there was nothing, he tried for a bit and couldn’t pick it up (he said that it would be hard this early). So he decided to do a sonogram, just to make sure that everything was okay, with the cramps and all. I’m not going to lie, I started to panic a little inside.

Jason and I went back to the waiting room for about 10 minutes and then the most amazing lady came and took us back to the sonogram room. She was great, she found our little one right away!!! It was so amazing to see, the baby was moving and kicking its little arm and leg nubs. We got to see the heartbeat – it was so fast!!! 160 beats a minute (perfectly normal). This wonderful woman kept telling me how amazing I looked and that I had a great start to my pregnancy and just how amazing I looked (I really loved her, because at this point I was starting to feel like a fatty). And, Jason was pretty excited because she was calling the baby a “he”, Jason said it was a sign (haha, we’ll see).

To the right is our baby’s first picture. Can’t wait until the next sonogram (then we’ll really see if it’s a boy or a girl). Oh yeah… two weeks later we went in so we could hear the heartbeat, it was AWESOME!!! 160 beats a minute. I can’t even begin to put into words how wonderful it is to hear, VERY AMAZING!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home