Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Merry Christmas!!!

After our first doctors visit Jason and I talked and decided that we would only tell family (until we were further along) about the pregnancy. Even though it was a BIG surprise, how perfect would it be to surprise our family for Christmas. Especially since Jason’s mom has wanted grandchildren even before Jason and I got married (just ask my mom). Too perfect!!! Jason came up with a great way to tell them, I was very impressed.

Here’s what we did, I told my mom and dad that we got a frame and needed a picture of them to go in it. AND, of course my mom didn’t want to and started asking questions, then told me just to use a photo that she already had (GEEZ mom, just take the freakin picture). Finally I talked her into it. They get into their cute little pose and by this time I’m starting to get a bit scared, who knows how they’ll react, my heart is beating so fast I’m not sure how I was able to hold the camera long enough to get a picture!!! I said, “One, two, three say cheese” and took the picture; I looked down and said, “let’s take another one, not the best” (nothing was wrong with that picture). So this time I said, “one, two, three say Jessica’s pregnant” and this is what we got!!!




I’m pretty sure my dad said, “doubt it” and my mom kept saying, “Is this April Fools Day”, finally after a few minutes they realized we were dead serious and this was no joke. Too funny!!! You see, I’m the baby and to them I think I will always be a little girl, so this was a bit of a shocker. But, they are very excited for us and I can’t wait to see them hold our little one.

That night, Jason and I went to church, then back to his parents house for family game night, which we do every year. Jason told his mom, dad and two sisters that we needed a family picture for a frame we got (by the way, did I tell you there is no frame). So I’m holding the camera and Jason says, “One, two, three say cheese”. Again, we took another, this time Jason says, “One, two, three say Jessica’s pregnant” AND what do they all do, THEY SAY IT!!! Jason and I were so confused… he said, “no really, she’s pregnant, and they all just kinda shook their heads and smiled for the camera!!! What are we supposed to do in a situation like this??? Jim (Jason’s dad) got tired of standing there, sat down and starting watching T.V. (WOW, this is even better then I remember)!!! Finally after a few seconds I said, “No I’m really pregnant”. AND then it hit, here’s what happened next!!!




As you can see, they were very surprised, Rita (Jason’s mom) said that this was the best Christmas present ever!!!

I’m just so thankful that Jason thought of this, now we have these photos to cherish for the rest of our lives and share with our baby. Next up is the 8 weeks check-up...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture is truly embarrassing. I'd prefer you never show it to the baby... ;)
-Jacquelyn

March 13, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home